Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hanging in at 95% Done

Greetings and Salutations,
     I have been hanging in at 95% done since Friday and I am OK with that. Didn't loose my sanity after all. Some times I guess it is learning to accept that no matter how hard you try to make things happen in your time frame it isn't always gonna work out that way. I think my expectation of having everything 100% done was unrealistic seeming that I am still 2 weeks away from leaving. Adaptation is a valuable skill to acquire.
     Since several ceilings needed repainting (its been 11 years) I thought it best to keep them on the same schedule and repaint them all . Painter starts tomorrow. I have my repair man hard at work on my list of things to get done around the house (install 1 fan, replace 2 others, replace some outlets, address the dryer vent for lint and fire safety, etc). He comes back Friday to finish off list.
     Only thing left in the kitchen is last minute stuff and I need to deal with the food. Guest bedroom furniture is going to a new home on Wednesday. Still have a few things to pack up in my bedroom. I still need to decide on rental dwelling insurance.
     I am 2 weeks away from bon voyage Charleston! It is getting scary again. It is getting real again. Its funny how you can focus so much on the task at hand (packing) you forget what happens when you are all done (leaving)!
"To Do" List
(1) Taking truck in tomorrow for repairs
(2) Wally World to get few things needed
(3) The dreaded grocery store
(4) Make few calls to help insure informed decision of best rental dwelling policy to chose
     I have been working on list of things that need to be done before I can leave (automate some payments, get Murphy's nails clipped, take pictures of house in move out condition, etc). There isn't too much left on the list.
     I still have friends to see and some more of Charleston to love and enjoy before I shove off. I'm gonna miss this place, but in my heart I feel one day I will return. For now, it is my season for adventure, finding my destiny, and self discovery of who I am for the second half of my life. I am in love with the possibility of all the possibilities.

Tootles :)
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment